Friday, April 25, 2008

A WIDE PLACE FOR MY FEET

Psalm 18:35-36

“You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. You gave me a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip.”

I love the psalms. The psalms were written by real people like me and you under the direction of the Holy Spirt, but they are SO real in expressing the emotions, feelings and everyday living of people. This psalmist is speaking about a physical battle of war that God rescued him from, but how beautiful a picture this is of the salvation of our souls. God delivered this man from the pursuit of his enemies and He gives glory and credit to God alone for this deliverance from his enemies. God delivered me from the wrath of God and the mastery of sin, and I give credit to God and God alone! He has given to me the shield, the protection of HIS salvation.

For those who say the gospel is only seen in the New Testament they need to read the psalms for here we see that God alone gives us the shield of his salvation through the life and death of Jesus Christ. Do you see that God is gentle???? I am a sinner who deserves the full wrath of God for my sins but instead I have received salvation through Jesus Christ! He gave me the faith to believe that Jesus died for my sins, so I could turn to Him in faith and repentance! THIS is a gentle God! He has compassion on my plight and takes great measures to save me/us. This is not a “saved by the skin of my teeth” type of salvation this is a FULL and SURE salvation. He set my feet on a wide place! There is no fear of my feet slipping. God put me there and God will KEEP me there! He is a great God full of love and gentleness, kindness and mercy. God has changed my heart, made me a new creation who DESIRES to serve and obey God! He has indeed set my feet on a wide place!

God you are worthy to be praised!!! Thank you for your gentleness and love that saved me! Amen.

No comments: