Thursday, April 03, 2008

Applying the Gospel to Everyday Tasks



Ephesians 2:10
“For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”

“Preaching the Gospel to myself each day not only reminds me of the love of God for me, but it also reminds me of the love of God for the works He saved me to perform. When I see the Cross, I see the premium that God places on the works that he has prepared for me. How valuable all of these works must be if Christ would die so I might perform them! And how precious are those for whom these works are done if Christ would die that they may be served.” ( A Gospel Primer, by Milton Vincent, 2008)

I am reminded today that because I am saved, because I have been created in Christ Jesus FOR good works, that have already been prepared before for me to do, I can bring my mom to and from Physical Therapy, I can care for my aging mom’s needs, I can do laundry, sweep up dog hair, , serve my husband and home, raise my children, do the dishes, cook the meals, etc etc etc because Jesus died for me so I could do these works!!!! Applying the Gospel to everyday tasks assists me in being content for I KNOW that these works were prepared for me to walk in them. They are not random tasks that I have to perform so then I can do the work of God, these tasks ARE the work of God!!!! HE prepared them for me to do!!! Oh how I love living in the good of the gospel!!!!

No comments: