Wednesday, April 02, 2008




JESUS MY ONLY HOPE OF SALVATION



“But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Him. Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:8-11

I revisit this scripture often because I love this truth: “For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us.” I find this sentence jaw dropping! God has not destined us for wrath! Whose wrath? GOD’S wrath! He saved us from His own wrath!!!! This is love. This is mercy. This is AMAZING! He did this so we might live with Him! WOW! I pray that I can live in this jaw dropping realization of God’s great love and then encourage and build one another up in this!!! What could be better news? We can so easily forget that this is the best news of all and we must encourage one another in this truth!!!!


This song, for me, reflects the joy of having no fear of the wrath of God because of Jesus Christ for He is indeed My ONLY hope:



Words and music by Mark Altrogge

As recorded on Songs for the Cross Centered Life


I come into Your presence

With nothing in my hands

I only bring thanksgiving

For Jesus, God and Man

I cast myself on mercy

I cast myself on love

I trust Your gracious promise

To wash me with Your blood


I will not fear Your judgment

For me, no wrath I dread

For it was spent on Jesus

Poured out upon His head

When Satan’s accusations

Make my poor heart afraid

I hear my King declaring

“Father, that debt is paid”


Jesus my only hope,

my only plea

My righteousness,

my Great High Priest

Who intercedes for me

before the throne

Jesus, I trust in You alone


© 2002 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).

No comments: