Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DO NOT GROW WEARY
in
DOING GOOD!


2 Thessalonians 3:13
“As for you brothers, to not grow weary in doing good.”

Sometimes it is tiring to continue doing good. We know the right thing to do, but sometimes we just grow tired. At these times it is good to look to the cross!

Jesus suffered and died and became sin for us and bore the wrath of God so we can not grow weary in doing good! When I was a slave to sin it was impossible to “stay on the right path”, to continue to “do good”. HOWEVER, in Christ, because of HIS active obedience and righteousness credited to me I can continue in doing good and not grow weary and quit. The power of the gospel is strong! As I feel spiritually weary I MUST look to the cross and ask for God’s help.

He will help.
He promises.

No comments: