Tuesday, April 15, 2008


SPEAK NO EVIL!


Proverbs 13:3
Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; He who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 21:23
Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

Every once in a while God reminds me to guard my mouth and tongue. Besides the obvious desire of guarding my words and mouth for the glory of God, the bible also includes these wonderful words of wisdom: opening your mouth, Diane, will often get you in trouble and bring ruin! I may bring ruin to myself but even worse, I may dishonor God and bring ruin to others!!!!!
How I need the constant reminder that I do not need to always tell what I am thinking, I do not need to share all I know and I do not need to express my opinion! I DO need to honor God with my words and I DO need to pursue kindness with my speech. Oh Lord, I need your help!!!!!

No comments: