Saturday, April 12, 2008


HE COMMANDS EVEN WINDS AND WATER


Luke 8:22-25

One day He got into a boat with his disciples, and He said to them, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, and ask they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. And they went and woke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And He awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm.
He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they marveled saying to one another, “who then is this, that He commands even winds and water, and they obey Him?”

This particular scripture never ceases to make me awestruck! Can you imagine being in that boat when Jesus rebuked the wind and the waters and they obeyed Him??? I would imagine that after I picked my lower jaw up from the bottom of the boat I would be terrified!!!! Who is this that has command over the elements? I often think that I have a better perspective looking at it from 2008 because I KNOW that it is GOD HIMSELF who was in that boat with them, protecting them and showing His great power and presence over creation! How kind of God to show us in this day and age who He is and example after example of His sovereignty of ALL things! May I walk today in the knowledge that my God and Savior is God and Lord over all things. THIS indeed, increases my faith! Thank you God!!!!

No comments: