Wednesday, April 16, 2008



SHOUT WORDS OF GRACE!!!







Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”

I am reminded of a quote by Sinclair Ferguson that I used at the women’s retreat :

“Only be seeing our sin do we come to see the need and wonder of grace. But exposing sin is not the same thing as unveiling and applying grace. We must be familiar with the exponents of its multifaceted power, and know how to apply it (grace) to a variety of spiritual conditions. Truth to tell exposing sin is easier than applying grace; for alas, we are more intimate with the former than we sometimes are with the latter. Therein lies our weakness.”

Yesterday’s scriptures that I was pondering on reminded me to speak little.. today I am reminded that when I DO speak it must be with words that are full of grace, using words that will build others up.
It is so much easier, I'm sad to say, to tear down, to expose sin, than it is to see grace and apply grace. It IS true, I am more familiar with exposing sin than to look for evidences of grace in others. I desire for my words to SHOUT with grace!

O Lord God, help me to have eyes that see evidences of grace in others lives! Help me to be an encourager, not one who tears down. Help me to be intimate with seeing and applying grace. I need your help Lord, for I am afraid that when I do speak it is not always with grace. Help my words to be few and help those few words speak loudly of grace. Amen.

No comments: