Friday, April 04, 2008

TOO WONDERFUL, TOO MARVELOUS


Job 38:2
“Who is this that darkens my counsel by words without knowledge?”
In this scripture God is telling Job that Job has no idea what he is saying. That Job just doesn’t know the things about God that Job presumed to know!

Job 42:3
“…therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things to wonderful for me, which I did not know.”
In this scripture Job agrees with God. He confessed that it is true, he was talking about things too big for him to know!!

and

v.6 “…therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
In this scripture Job repents of his sin.

Psalm 131:1

“…I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.”
In this scripture the psalmist says that he doesn’t spend time thinking or trying to figure out things that are just to great for Him to know.

How wonderful and sovereign of God to have this scheduled reading for today be on the heels of me opening my mouth yesterday with a friend on the phone and uttering words about things about God that I don’t understand. Oh, I am humbled by God’s love for me as He orchestrates circumstances to reveal sin in me and then forgives me! This love of God makes me embrace repentance knowing that it is God’s kindness that leads me to repentance and repentance is a gift from God!

When she and I were discussing something that was said in her small group I spoke as though I KNEW clearly what I was talking about, but I didn’t!!
How prideful and utterly ridiculous! I see through a glass darkly!

There are some things about God that we do not fully understand! What I DO know is that before I was saved I was an enemy of God because God is pure and holy and I am a sinner. I was once not a people of God and GOD made me a people of God! Once I had not received mercy but now I have received mercy. (1Peter2:10) … All I have to know is that I am a sinner separated from God and because God chose me, gave me faith to believe, by grace I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior! THAT is what I DO know and that is all I need to talk about! J So… I gratefully stand corrected by God’s Word. I gratefully stand forgiven by God’s grace.

As the psalmist wrote, I think I will not occupy myself with things too great and marvelous for me!

No comments: