Saturday, April 26, 2008

A CALM AND QUIET SOUL

Psalm 131
“O Lord my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised to high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forevermore.”

“It is a glorious thing to know that your Father God makes no mistakes in directing or permitting that which crosses the path of your life. It is the glory of God to conceal a matter. It is our glory to trust Him, no matter what.” ---Joni Erickson Tada---

I saw this quote from Joni on a friend’s Facebook page and I began to think about it and how beautiful it is to trust God. It glorifies Him! I love that, Joni, who has had a very difficult journey in life sees God’s sovereignty in concealing WHY certain things come into our life are for HIS glory. How it magnifies God when we trust Him, no matter what and the fruit in our life is a calm and quiet soul.

David understood that there is peace in not trying to figure out things that are just too great and marvelous for us to know. It was enough that God is sovereign.
Yes, that is my prayer today that God would help me to always have a calm and quiet soul.

How is your soul today? Is it calm and quiet?

No comments: