Monday, April 07, 2008

ROCK OF AGES


Is 26:4 Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

rock of ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in Thee;
let the water and the blood,
from they wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure,
save from wrath and make me pure.

not the labor of my hands,
can fulfill Thy law’s demands.
could my zeal no respite know,
could my ears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
Thou must save and Thou alone.

nothing in my hand i bring.
simply to Thy cross i cling;
naked come to Thee for grace;
foul, i to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior or i die.

by Augustus Toplady 1776

As I was listening to my worship songs this morning and heard Rock of Ages I was reminded of the beauty of salvation and how it is a work of God and God alone! God gives us the faith to believe, so by this faith and by God’s grace we turn to him in this God-given faith with repentance.
GOD alone is the one we hide in. HE hides us from His own wrath!
Do you see the kindness of GOD????
HE saves us from his own wrath and gives us what we need to be saved! While we were yet sinners Christ died for our sins! God gives us the faith to believe and in His kindness leads us to repentance!!!!!!! And then we have access through Christ to the very one whose wrath we needed saving from!
WOW!
There is never so secure a place as in Christ! It’s all God! I sing with such joy,
“nothing in my hand I bring.
Simply to thy cross I cling;
naked come to thee for grace;
foul, I to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior or I die.”
Thank you Jesus for saving me.

No comments: