Tuesday, April 08, 2008





Romans 12:10a
Outdo one another in showing honor.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Still thinking about the retreat from this weekend. As I read these scriptures I think, "Do I really try to outdo my brothers and sisters in Christ in showing honor to them!? no! and then we are told to count others as more significant than ourselves! We are blessed to be a part of a church that teaches this. I know that I've mentioned this to you before that when I first began going to my church I was suspect of peoples encouragement and kindness to me.


Eventually I realized they are putting into practice this scripture! They are showing honor to their brothers and sisters through encouragement and gratitude! By seeing this modeled to me, I began to desire to extend honor and kindness to those around me. I found I began to NOTICE the service of others where I never had before.


Jesus, himself, the ONLY perfect one humbled himself and took upon himself our sins and bore the wrath and punishment of God in our place, SO that I can, in His name, bestow honor to my brothers and sisters!

Lord God help me to love my brothers and sisters in Christ by counting them more significant than myself and to show them honor with zeal!

And they'll Know we are christians by our love,

by our love.

Yes they'll know we are christians

by our love. (by Peter Schools)


Can't help but hum this tune as I think about counting others as more significant than myself!

May God be glorified and the gospel advanced as we love one another, imitating Christ.

No comments: