Monday, June 30, 2008

Jeremiah 5:22
“Do you not fear me? Declares the Lord. Do you not tremble before me? I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it.”

As I read this scripture this morning I realize that I take so much for granted. I love going to the ocean. It is so huge, it seems endless, it is calm and violent all at the same time. I find it so peaceful to be near the ocean. I’ve never once thought as I sat near the ocean that maybe this next wave will not stop at it’s appointed place and that the ocean will just continue to flow onto land. I’ve never thought about that. This scripture tells me that God, himself placed a boundary for how far the water can go. God controls EVERYTHING!!! The winds obey Him, the seas obey him. Amazing!

2 things come to mind as a result of my soul being affected by this scripture:

1) The Awesome power and might and sovereign reign and control of our Almighty God and Father! HE rules over all!
I should not take this for granted but let it affect my soul and my behavior so I will walk in fear and awe of God always
2) Since God is sovereign over the seas what little things in my life do I not trust Him with? God commands the seas and they obey him! Can He not then command my circumstances? My feelings? My fears? Etc etc…? Of course He can!

Thank you Lord for increasing my understanding of You this morning. Thank you for increasing my faith!

No comments: