Monday, June 09, 2008

Psalm 91:1-6

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust. For He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and a buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.”

I looked up the word “pestilence” in the dictionary and it is defined: something hard to be rid of; an pernicious, malign influence that is hard to get rid of; a virulent disease, harmful and destructive.

WOW! God delievers us from the deadly pestilence. He delivers us from the deadliest pestilence: sin. What a gracious, merciful and loving God. I am also pondering today that this scripture tells us that it is GOD’S FAITHULNESS (not mine) thiat is our shield and buckler(one that shields and protects). It is so important to know and understand the faithfulness of God for then we will know and understand the protection we have from and the refuge that God is! Amazing! So amazing! So, so , so comforting.

No comments: