Saturday, June 07, 2008

2 Tim 2:24-26
“And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth , and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by hm to do his will.”

This reminds me to be kind to the non believers in my life. It’s way too easy for me to get argumentative over an issue of sin that gets public notoriety.. for example, abortion, gay lifestyle.. As believers we must, of course, stand firmly against those sins but it does absolutely no good to argue with someone over those. Of course they’re not going to see what we see, because their eyes are still blind to the truths of the gospel. So many times we try and clean up someone’s act AND THEN lead them to Christ through the gospel. So many times I’ve had it backwards! My job is to share the gospel and GOD will clean up their act. Being quarrelsome does no one any good!

Lord, help me to be gentle and kind to everyone even when every part of me wants to argue because I know I’m right on these issues! Instead, help me to be humble and gentle and kind, speaking as one who is rescued, not as one who wants to be right. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: