Friday, June 06, 2008

2 Timothy 2:22
“So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.”

As I read this scripture I see that if we are to pursue (to strive to gain; seek to attain or accomplish)
righteousness, faith, love and peace that means we are to FLEE from unrighteousness, unbelief, hate, and conflict(not peace).
Yikes! If I take a quick look I’d say I’m doing okay… but a deeper look would indicate that maybe I don’t flee from these sins as quickly as I ought or thought

Let me take a look at my own life:

Worrying about something = unbelief
Arguing over a theological concept in order to be right = conflict
Gossiping or entertaining gossip = hate (this includes Hollywood entertainment magazines or tv shows or laughing at political jokes about candidates. It’s still gossip even if I don’t personally know the people that are being gossiped about!!!!)

Oh Lord! Help me to flee from these things! Help me to hate these things! Give flight to my feet Lord so I will run, run, run from my youthful passions!

No comments: