Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Psalm 27:4
“One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple.”

In John Piper’s book, God is the Gospel, he says, “The critical question for our generation – and for every generation- is this: If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied in heaven, if Christ was not there?” (page 15)

That is and should be a very sobering question. Do we love Jesus for Jesus or for what He gives to us? Do we love the beauty of Jesus and His holiness? Oh may it be so!!!

Lord, help me to be a lover of only Jesus! Help me to always love Jesus more than what He gives to me. Help me to love the beauty of Christ and being with Him more than anything else. Amen.

No comments: