Wednesday, June 11, 2008

moelhave.dk/.../uploads/2006/07/HangingRock.png
MY FOOT SLIPS!





Psalm 94:17-19
“If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. When I thought, “my foot slips.”, Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.”

The psalmist was writing about living in a world with the wicked. It was difficult then, it is difficult now. Praise the Lord, we, in the USA, are not put to death for our faith. We are not tempted to turn from our faith because impending death for our faith looms on the horizon, however, we are tempted in many other ways. The things of the world which are around us… the TV shows we want to watch that everyone is talking about, or the movies… or in the way we respond to things and situations! We want to “fight for our rights”, we want to defend our reputations, we want to “be right”, we want to argue, we want to worry etc etc.. the list is almost endless.

In my home I live with unbelievers. Sometimes it’s a fight for joy! Sometimes I want to be fearful and worrisome like my mom … sometimes it seems easier to do that than fight for joy and faith. BUT when I think, “my foot slips”, GOD’S steadfast love holds me up!


I wasn’t even looking for a reference to God’s steadfast love today but it was in my regular reading plan.. how kind of God in his perfect timing to remind me that it is HE , by His love, that holds me up when I am about to slip, or when I feel like I’m slipping or even when I want to slip!!! God keeps those he saves. Oh, what comfort!

No comments: