Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From The Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent, p. 46

“What happens to my appetite for sin when I am filled with the fullness of God in Christ? Jesus provides this answer:
“He who continually comes to Me will never hunger or thirst again.” (John 6:35)
Indeed, as I perpetually feast on Christ and all of His blessings found in the Gospel, I find that my hunger for sin diminishes and the lies of lust simply lose their appeal. Hence, to the degree that I am full, I am free. Eyes do not rove, nor do fleshly lusts rule, when the heart is fat with the love of Jesus.”

So, how fat is your heart with the love of Jesus? The ONLY way we can feed our heart is by being in the WORD! It is THERE that we find the Gospel. It is in God’s Word that we read over and over again God’s love for us through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for our sins. When we read about the holiness of God and the depth of our sin, when we read about what we deserve because of our sin and when we read about what God did to save us from His just wrath, THEN we see the beauty of Jesus and His love for us.

If I find that I am falling into sin a lot, o worse, if I find that I am not hating sin as I should... I need to stop and evaluate what I’m feeding on. Am I feeding on the things of the world? Or am I feeding on Jesus Christ!?

Is your heart fat with the love of Jesus?

No comments: