Sunday, June 08, 2008

Psalm 90:14
“Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.”

“God is constantly taking knowledge of me in love and watching over me for my good.” (Knowing God, by J.I. Packer., p. 42)

I love praying scripture back to God and I love when I come across an actual prayer in Scripture. The psalmist is asking God to satisfy him with HIS steadfast love and goes on to say that being satisfied in God’s steadfast love brings rejoicing and gladness to our days! Of course it does!
I am re-reading a modern Christian classis, Knowing God. It powerfully affected my soul when I read it almost 18 years ago and it is powerfully affecting my soul now! The author of this book is directing my heart to scriptures that speak of God’s steadfast love. I am being refreshed in my soul, heart and mind in the understanding of God’s love for me and it has indeed produced in me a renewed joy and gladness in my God and Savior.
I encourage you to pray this and ask God to satisfy you with His steadfast love. See what happens!

No comments: