Tuesday, May 13, 2008

STRENGTH


1 Chronicles 16: 10-12

“Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord, rejoice! Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually! Remember the wondrous works of the Lord that He has done, His miracles and the judgements He uttered….”

I’m still thinking about strength in the Lord. Yesterday I pondered that God tells us to be strong in him and then we see that we are strengthened by grace and in today’s scripture I see that we are to SEEK strength. This implies an action on our part!! We are not to remain impassive and wait for God strength to fall down upon us, but we are to seek it! How?? We seek his presence.. how? We remember the wondrous works of the Lord that he has done. We remember his miracles. We remember the judgements that He has uttered. And how do we remember these things? From HIS WORD! Oh praise God for the scriptures. We have the privilege of having the works, the WONDROUS works of God written down for us. We must, must, must immerse ourselves in the reading and study of God’s Word. As we read God’s Word and remember who He is and what He has done, we will be strengthened! Our faith will increase and be strengthened. We have to make the effort to sit down, open the bible and READ!

Thank you Lord for giving us the bible. Forgive me for those times that I take it for granted or see the reading of your Word as some kind of task or box that I check off. Once again I see that you tell us to be strong in You, you tell us to see you and your strength and then you give us your Scriptures to teach us and strengthen us! Thank you O God for strengthening me through your Word.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

So where I'm at. I so love His Word. Amen, Amen!!