Monday, May 05, 2008

GOD IS FOR US!


Psalm 56:9b
This I know, that God is for me.

Romans 8:31-33
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us who can be against us?

When I am reminded that God is for me it gives me such comfort! God demands righteousness from us but HE gives it to us through Jesus Christ! God tells us to be holy as He is holy but he doesn’t leave us to our own devices to be holy, HE works in us to make us holy! Sometimes we get discouraged when God reveals sin in our lives. We shouldn’t be!! We should be repentant and sorrowful, but not discouraged! Because God is for us we can be assured that He shows us our sin to help us defeat and kill that sin in our lives! He doesn’t show us our sin to condemn us for there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1) but he does so to make us more like Jesus!!! God is for us! He will complete in us what he has begun! I am praising God for this today!

No comments: