Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BLESSED ASSURANCE
John 10:26-30
“…but you do not believe, because you are not part of my flock. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

What an encouraging scripture telling us of the assurance of salvation. There was a time that I really struggled with this… but no more. The beauty of truly understanding that GOD, Himself, initiates salvation is also the TRUTH that God keeps us saved. HE keeps us from falling away(Jude 24,25). GOD’s power guards us through faith (1 Peter 1:5). Doesn’t this just make you bow down in joy and gratitude before God? It does me. I am excited to meditate on this scripture today and be encouraged in God’s Word. Let’s abide in this scripture today! I’m pretty sure it will bring us joy!

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
(by Frances Crosby, 1873)

No comments: