Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I AM WEAK!


2 Cor 12:9-10

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In keeping with the theme of strength this week I see this scripture as such an encouragement.
My weaknesses showcase the glory and beauty of Christ for in my weaknesses HIS power rests upon me and makes me strong, makes me persevere. Jesus is glorified when, I, in my weakness, rest in His amazing grace. As we saw earlier this week in 2 Timothy, we are strengthened by God’s grace and in this scripture we are told that His grace is enough!!
Then, Paul, in his humility is willing then to be content in whatever it is that exposes Paul’s weaknesses and illuminates the grace and power of Christ as HIS strength rests upon us!

I don’t know about you, but I am quick to flee from those things which show my weaknesses. Insults, hardships, calamities… we see these as our enemies… but today I am thinking that it is these things which expose my weakness and gives me the opportunity to depend on Christ for my strength. He is glorified and my faith is increased as I once again see God’s faithfulness in strengthening me by His grace. Now, I’m not saying we stand defiantly in the face of hardships and say, “BRING IT ON!”… but instead humbly bow before the Lord and admit our weakness and seek HIS strength.

Thank you Lord that your grace is sufficient for me! For when I am weak, THEN I am strong. Amen.

No comments: