Thursday, May 22, 2008

Father, not Judge!

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears My Word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life. He does not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life."

What a gospel- loaded Scripture! There are so many things to meditate on from this one scripture alone but the phrase that stands out to me this morning is, "He does not come into judgement."... WOW! As a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ I will not come into God's judgement!!!! Jesus came into judgement FOR ME, and therefore I will not have to. JESUS stood before God who judged Jesus for MY sins so I will not be judged for my sins. Therefore, my relationship with God is NOT with Him as my judge, but I have the honor, the privilege and the humbling joy of relating to God as my FATHER. Incredible! My mind can hardly put it's arms around this beautiful truth! Thank you Jesus!

No comments: