Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DEAL or NO DEAL?


Psalm 90:14
"Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

2 things stand out for me this morning as I meditate on this scripture:

1) We can call upon God and ask him to satisfy us! The mystery of God is that God himself gives us this love for Him. HE initiated our salvation, HE gives us the faith to turn to Christ in faith and repentance and we can and should ask God to satisfy us with Himself and His steadfast love.


I know I have had "dry" times in my walk with the Lord where I feel far from God, or I am not especially aware of His presence. I tried to "force" myself to love Him more or be satisified in Him more but that just doesn't work all the time! Yes, we are responsible to read His Word and this will draw us near to Him but how often have I read His word and... nothing.


I have found that the very best thing to do is to go to God in honesty and tell him that I feel far from Him, I ask him to satisfy me with HIS steadfast love.... God WILL answer that prayer!

2) the result of being satisfied with God's steadfast love is rejoicing and gladness!!! Now that's a good deal!!!

No comments: