Monday, May 12, 2008

BE STRONG in the LORD!
Ephesians 6:10
Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of HIS might.

2 Timothy 2:1
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

These scriptures encouraged me today. We are told to be strong in the Lord in HIS strength and then we are told that we, ourselves, are strengthened by the grace that is in Jesus. I am reminded that I am the weak one and JESUS is the strong one! I have had opportunity this passed week to rely on the strength of Jesus many times… as I struggled against sin, as I struggled with the flu, … each time I called out on God and he gave me strength… strength to resist sin and strength to endure in my illness. I am in awe of how much God loves us. He doesn’t make demands of us and then leave us to ourselves to do them. He GIVES us what we need to meet his commands. God’s Word tells us to be strong in the Lord and then tells us that we are strengthened by GRACE! What a kind, generous and gracious God!

Thank you Lord for giving my YOUR strength and grace to rely on! Thank you that I do not have to rely on my own strength for I have none. I have only weakness but in YOU I am strong! Thank you for giving to me ALL I need to be strong in You.

No comments: