Friday, May 09, 2008

1 John 1:9

“if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Is that not the best news you could hear today? Even if we can’t see a specific sin in our lives (which I would find almost impossible to believe), then there are the sins that we don’t even know we’re doing!!!! I love Psalm 19:12 which says, “Who can discern his errors? Declare me innocent from hidden faults.” Our hearts are deceitful at best and will lie to us about our sins, telling us there are none where there are some!!! We have some hidden faults!
How kind and gracious of God to forgive us our sins that we confess and we can go to him and know that he will reveal to us our hidden sins and bring us to a sorrowful repentance. We don’t have to go digging for sin.. all we have to do is ask God to show us our sins and he will do it because He is for us not against us.
Oh Lord, thank you that you are faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Thank you that because my heart is deceitful you will show me my hidden sins. Thank you Lord for your mercy and grace. Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for this good news today. I fall on my knees and cry, “HOLY.”

No comments: