Monday, May 26, 2008




My mother’s heart today, on Memorial Day, is tender as I think about all the men and women in the history of this country who either sacrificed their lives for our freedoms or were willing to sacrifice their lives.
I think of my son who spent 15 months in Iraq. Thank you LORD for bringing him safely home. My heart is so proud of him and yet as his mom my heart also breaks at the horrors of war that he had to be a part of, that he had to witness, that he had to participate in. I think of his sadness today as he remembers his friends that were killed before his very eyes. I think of those wives, moms and dads, brothers and sisters and children and friends that have to suffer through today because the wounds of losing their family members are way too raw.
Please pray for all the sons and daughters and their families today who are “remembering” and are so sad. Pray for God’s comfort to be real to them and for God to give to them the ultimate comfort of the gift of faith so they will repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
(photo by democracycellproject)

No comments: