Saturday, May 17, 2008

Is 40:28-31

Have you not known?!
Have you not heard?!

THE LORD
is the EVERLASTING GOD, the CREATOR of the ends of the earth.

He does not:
faint
or
grow weary;
His understanding is unsearchable!

He gives:
power to the faint
And to him who has no might:
He increases strength.

Even youths shall faint
and
young men shall fall exhausted;

BUT THEY WHO WAIT FOR THE LORD:
shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not be faint.

I pray the reading of this Word today finishes out my week with a joy in the mightiness, faithfulness and mercy of God as I look to HIM, as I seek HIM, as I wait for HIM to give me strength! Oh what a mighty God we have! Such compassion, such tenderness, such generosity in giving us what we need to endure! The JOY of knowing that God initiated this salvation and the knowing that HE keeps it and gives us strength to endure gives me joy inexpressable!

No comments: