Sunday, August 31, 2008


Clutzty Diane

OR

Pride Goes Before the Fall



so... for those who have asked... I pulled into the church parking lot this morning, getting there early to open the bookstore and as I was getting out of the van, my right foot got caught in the GPS cord and I fell out of the van twisting my left leg at the knee and ankle and whatever other joint can get twisted. Of course dear brothers and sisters came to the rescue as I'm laying sprawled on my stomach with my cell phone in hand saying, "I have to call Dennis!" :)


Dave Echegoyan gets big props for coming to the rescue with a wheelchair and Advil! So, poor Jason Remer had to wheel me into the church (poor, poor man) and then Dennis came to take me home. I didn't break anything that i know of... i may have messed up the ligaments at the back of my knee... we'll see what tomorrow brings... in the meantime I'm getting the royal treatment at home with my leg propped up, surrounded by ice, Dennis getting me my Raspberry Mocha from Sbucks...


Those who have known me for a long time are not surprised by this fall, those who have known me in recent years: there ya have it.. I'm a major clutz! Martha Uribe and the D'Andreas and Vince Hinders and my sweet friend Jennyce were so kind to me... thank you much!


Please pray for my healing... So far, Advil is doing the trick, although to walk, I have to hold on to people, chairs and walls. We will see what tomorrow brings!


Pride DOES go before the fall, by the way... I was so proud of getting the 25 point bonus word this morning in my game of Word Twist with Jennyce... I was planning to talk trash to her this morning about it (in sweet love, of course)... ummmm... then I fell. so... PRIDE does go before the fall! hmmmm.....all prayers appreciated.

No comments: