Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Romans 5:1
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

From Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent, page 20:
“The gospel encourages me to rest in my righteous standing with God, a standing which Christ Himself has accomplished and maintains for me. I NEVER have to do a moment’s labor to gain or maintain my justified status before God! Freed from the burden of such a task, I now can put my energies into enjoying God, pursuing holiness, and ministering God’s amazing grace to others.”

In the gospel there is freedom from having to “prove” myself to God and others. JESUS accomplished my right standing before God. I have nothing to strive for, nothing to work towards, Jesus did it all!!! I am going to enjoy God by living in the good of the gospel today!

No comments: