Wednesday, September 03, 2008

PROVERBS 3:11-12
“MY SON, DO NOT DESPISE THE LORD’S DISCIPLINE OR BE WEARY OF HIS REPROFF, FOR THE LORD REPROVES HIM WHOM HE LOVES, AS A FATHER THE SON IN WHOM HE DELIGHTS.”

As a parent, I know that because I love my children I discipline them. I do not let them go their own way. When they were young I woudn't let them run across the street, I taught them how to stop and look both ways. If they ran into the road without permission or without looking they were disciplined. As they got older they learned to cross the street but new lessons emerged. How to choose friends, how to study, how to drive carefully, how to be a responsible family member and friend, etc etc… We taught them all these things because we love them. When they disobeyed they were lovingly disciplined (sometimes not so lovingly. :( )

So it is with God and more so because God loves perfectly, God disciplines perfectly. This process of sanctification can be quite painful at times as God reveals another layer of persistent sin, or a new sin we were never aware of! But we can be sure of one thing: God reveals our sins and yes, even disciplines us because He loves us!!!!

So, when I am convicted of sin it is easier to not walk in condemnation because it is proof positive that I belong to God BECAUSE He does discipline me. The one who does not belong to God does not know the conviction of the Lord!

Thank you God that I know your discipline. Show me my sin! Help me to hear you! Help me NOT to despise your discipline! Help me to endure to the end!

No comments: