Friday, August 15, 2008

Colossians 3:17
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

I’m not sure if my application to this scripture has anything to do with anything but I feel convicted this morning to add a Part 2 to yesterday’s 3x5. I was convicted last night to ask myself the question, “am I doing everything I can do to encourage those around me to grow in and pursue holiness?” “Am I a stumbling block to someone else’s pursuit of holiness?” “Do I make it difficult for my close friends and family to grow in holiness?” I didn’t receive any immediate answers except to be aware. I want to be aware of how I relate to those around me and be an encouragement to them as they pursue holiness, not a stumbling block. As, I pursue holiness in my words, deeds, in EVERYTHING I do, I want to also, do everything I can to be an encouragement to my brothers and sisters in Christ as they pursue the same things.
So, yea, pray that way for me as well. :)

No comments: