Thursday, August 07, 2008

1 John 2:1
“My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, WE HAVE AN ADVOCATE WITH THE FATHER, JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS.”

Romans 8:34
“Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died- more than that- who was raised- who is at the right had of God, WHO INDEED IS INTERCEDING FOR US.”

Hebrews 7:25
“Consequently, He is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through Him, since he ALWAYS LIVES TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR THEM.”

One of the things that impacted me from my pastor's sermon on Sunday(August 3) was when he spoke about his own time of prayer and reading of the Word and he said, “When I go to pray, Jesus has already been praying for me!”
WOW! I looked up the scriptures above to remind myself today that God is faithful to forgive my sins and Jesus is ALWAYS and ALREADY interceding for me before the Father! Jesus perfectly atoned for my past sins, my present sins and my future sins! Sin has NOTHING to say about me before the Father for Jesus is my advocate and my savior.
Let the goodness of this gospel truth sustain our joy in the Lord today!

No comments: