Friday, August 01, 2008

Galatians 2:20
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

The other day I heard a sermon about being a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ (by Will Pavone). By the end of the sermon I was fully convicted that most often I am a fully devoted follower of ME! When I am annoyed, frustrated, sad, put out by demands on “MY” time, etc etc etc… I realized that I am fully devoted to me and what I want, I am treasuring myself as my greatest treasure, not Jesus! I often wonder why those around me don’t see the Jesus that I treasure so greatly and what I came to see the other day is that people don’t see the Jesus I love because I show them instead, by my unspoken attitudes, the Diane that I love even more! Yuck!!!!!!!

I immediately went to the throne of grace and asked God for His forgiveness and I was reminded that God’s mercies are new every morning! So, this scripture is a reminder to me that it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me. By God’s great grace I want to live my life fully devoted to Jesus, upholding HIM as my greatest treasure, not myself.

Thank you Lord for your help and assistance. I cannot live for YOU without YOUR help and what is so amazing to me is that you are delighted to give me your grace, mercy and help in my time of need. You are indeed worthy to be praised!

No comments: