Friday, August 08, 2008

Psalm 128:1
“Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways!”

Psalm 112:1
“Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who greatly delights in His commandments!”

I have often asked God to give me a great fear of God not really understanding what that meant. As I read these scriptures this morning I realized that fearing God will produce obedience and delight in the commandments of God! Fearing God is not a “feeling” but an action!

Oh Lord, I need your help and assistance in walking in your ways and delighting in your commandments! Thank you for your grace and your mercy. Thank you that you delight to help me be obedient! You are sanctifying me and changing me to be more like Jesus! Please strengthen my soul and help me to walk in your ways! I do delight in your commandments for they are good for me and obedience to them brings you glory ! Be glorified in my life, Lord!
_______________________________________________________

No comments: