Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Romans 11:33
“Oh the depths of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and how inscrutable His ways!”

Deuteronomy 29:29
“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.”

How kind of God to reveal to us, even SOME of his secrets!!! The mystery of salvation was revealed to us through Jesus Christ! How kind of God! He revealed to us how to be saved. Wow! But there are some things that do remain a mystery. I know this bothers some people but by the grace of God it doesn’t bother me. I am content not understanding all of God. Actually, I delight in not understanding all of God!! Not being able to understand all of GOD confirms to me his magnificence and his absolute hugeness!!!! I love this scripture in Romans for it reminds us that he has depth that we cannot even comprehend! His ways are inscrutable!

I often have to look up words that I think I understand their meaning but I really don’t until I research it.

Inscrutable:

1.
Incapable of being investigated, analyzed, or scrutinized; impenetrable.

2.
not easily understood; mysterious; unfathomable:

3.
incapable of being seen through physically; physically impenetrable.

Doesn’t that definition help you? It helps me to be in awe of our God! He is so much more than we know and see.

Oh God! I bow down before you and worship You for you are worthy of all glory and honor! Thank you that in your mercy and kindness you took notice of me and saved me. Oh Lord, my God, how I love you! .

No comments: