Monday, March 24, 2008




WALKING with CHRIST


Ephesians 4:1
“…urge you to walk in the a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit, in the bond of peace.”

Philippians 1:27
“Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ…”

Lord, may my walk and manner of life be such that reflects how worthy YOU are of my obedience and a life that pursues holiness. It is not because I am worthy of the gospel. It is because of the beautiful gospel of grace that YOU are worthy of our lives and reflect your holiness, mercy, love and grace. Lord, work holiness in me, by your Spirit. Teach me how to walk so that you are glorified and shown to be worthy! By the name of Jesus I come to you and ask. Amen.

In reading one of my devotionals today the author spoke about how worthy Christ is!!! I began to think of how I want my life to reflect the worthiness of God. The author reminded me that when people walk away from an encounter with us, they should be in awe of how great this great God of grace really is! Sometimes I feel, well, most times I feel that I am so far off this ideal. My prayer is that the Spirit of God would work in me so that my life will reflect the greatness, goodness and mercy of God!

No comments: