Saturday, March 01, 2008

Gospel Truths!!!
Scriptures to ponder for March 1, 2008 : My 3x5 card for today
Romans 5:1-2

Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we exult in the hope of the glory of God.

1 John 2: 1,2


And if anyone sins we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.. and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 4:5

But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

The Gospel encourages me to rest in my righteous standing with God, a standing which Christ Himself has accomplished and always maintains for me.. I never have to do a moment’s labor to gain or maintain my justified status before God. Freed from the burden of such a task, I now can put my energies into enjoying God, pursuing holiness, and ministering God’s amazing grace to others.” (Milton Vincent, A Gospel Primer, p.20)

Preaching the gospel to myself again, this morning, because this former Pharisee and legalist needs to do this daily so I don’t fall into the performance mindset before God and man but instead respond to this gospel truth in surrendering to God in and for my sanctification! Pondering these Scriptures makes my soul bow down in gratitude to God’s great mercy in His provision of salvation! Alleluia! Let all the earth rejoice!

No comments: