Monday, March 03, 2008

THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME!
1 Peter 2:10

Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Psalm 66:16

Come and hear all you who fear God, and I will tell you what He has done for my soul.

“Mercy and grace are mine, forgiven is my sin, Jesus my only hope, the Savior of the world. “Great is the Lord” we cry, God let your kingdom come, Your Word has let me see, THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME.” (written by Martin Smith, 1994, Curious? Music UK)

Yesterday’s sermon reminded me afresh of the great gift of salvation. Mark’s sermon about Hosea purchasing back Gomer, his unfaithful wife is a beautiful picture of God purchasing me and you , his unfaithful wife, the church. Hosea paid 15 shekels for Gomer, God paid with his son Jesus Christ for me. I am reminded of how GREAT GOD is!!!! Before time He chose to make me his people, he chose to give me mercy. How is it that I keep silent about this as much as I do? The Peter scripture reminds me what God has done and the Psalm scripture reminds me to tell of my salvation!

GREAT IS THE LORD!!!! THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME!!!

No comments: