Wednesday, March 19, 2008

MORE INTERCESSION
“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail.”
Luke 22:31-32a

As I continue to think and pray about prayer, I believe God drew my eyes to this scripture as another example of how Jesus intercedes for us. What a beautiful prayer to pray for someone, that "their faith may not fail.” Jesus appealed to the ONE who gives us faith, to the ONE who keeps our faith.
How often, when I have a friend in trial, do I pray for her faith to not fail? I don’t think I ever have,
until this morning!
I am praising God for giving us these examples of how to pray! I am encouraged on two counts: 1) I see, again, how Jesus intercedes and 2) I have learned another way to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Oh how love God’s Word
and how
it teaches me daily.

No comments: