Wednesday, March 26, 2008



MORE COMPASSION


“Fill me with an over-flowing ocean of COMPASSION, the reign of love my motive, the law of love my rule.” (Valley of Vision, p130; paperback edition)

Colossians 3:12
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness and patience.”

I am daily reminded of my lack of compassion. I think I’m doing okay in this area and then all of a sudden I find myself impatient with a difficult person, or legalistic about the sin in someone’s life, or frustrated with someone’s complaint. I find I can be like this with people close to me, and I find this to be true about me with complete strangers! I recognize my sin in my lack of compassion.


Therefore, I come before the Lord to ask forgiveness and to seek help in time of need; to ask God, who is FOR me, to help me to be more compassionate towards all people in all circumstances, to help me to love others as Jesus does, to be kind and compassionate in my thoughts, my words and my actions.


I am assured of God’s help for he is making me like Jesus and uses all circumstances to this end. May God be glorified as he works compassion into my heart.

No comments: