Friday, March 14, 2008

GOD'S WORD


Psalm 94:19

“When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.”

“O Though who hast the hearts of men in Thine hand, form my heart according to the Word, according to the image of Thy Son, so shall Christ the Word, and His Word, be my strength and comfort.” (Valley of Vision, p 17)

I love this scripture for it reminds me where real strength and comfort and consolations lay, IN CHRIST and in HIS WORD! I remember there was a time, when troubled, I would run to the nearest phone to talk to a friend or my husband to receive their consolation and their advice. Now, more times than not, I realize that it is in the scriptures where we see and hear of the mercies and love and promises of God and where we find our counsel and encouragement and this is where I run!


This is also is a reminder to me when ministering to other people, that I must minister with God’s Word not my own words!!! For it is God’s Word that brings hope and peace!


O God I love your Word!!!!

1 comment:

1025 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.