Thursday, October 30, 2008

Psalm 90:14
“Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.”

I love this Scripture! One of my favorites! What a beautiful way to begin a day by asking God to satisfy us with his steadfast love. The result of being satisfied with God’s steadfast love is rejoicing and being glad all our days! Amazing!

There are so many things that we attempt to be satisfied in. We try to be satisfied in our ministry, our families, our homes, our hobbies etc etc.. we attempt to be satisfied in striving for the “no hassle” life.. no trials, no suffering etc… none of those things bring true or real satisfaction, rejoicing or gladness. But knowing, reveling, understanding and receiving the steadfast love of the Lord and being satisfied (content, convinced of) in it, now THAT brings true joy!

So, a good thing to remember today is : if our circumstances were different, if our homes were in perfect condition, if our families were perfect examples of obedience.. even though all these things are blessings and gifts, but the one thing that will bring true contentment, true gladness is being satisfied with God’s steadfast love.

“Lord, I often am satisfied with far lesser things than your steadfast love. I settle for a hassle free life, or a new book, or a perfectly kept home.. I fiddle around with far less than what you are willing to give! Help me to be satisfied in your steadfast love this morning and I ask that you would help me to rejoice in this and be glad all my days in you and you alone. Amen”

No comments: