Monday, October 13, 2008

Psalm 103: 8
"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love."

Why, why, why do I feel justified in my anger when someone cuts me off on the highway? or when someone is a little rude to me? or when I don't get my own way? or when someone doesn't "get" a spiritual truth as quickly as I'd like them to? UGH! I am quick to anger in all the above cases!

I, then, come across a scripture like Psalm 103:8 and my arrogant balloon deflates. The only one that has a right to be angry, the only ONE who is capable of pure and righteous anger is SLOW to anger, merciful and gracious.

I have no right to be angry or frustrated with ANYONE!

LORD, how I long to be more like JESUS! Thank you that I am not a slave to my sin of unrighteous anger and frustration any longer! I have been set free through Jesus Christ and by the help and power of the Holy Spirit i can change! I count on the promise that you are sanctifying me and will complete in me what you have begun! I am sorry for my bursts of quick anger. Change me Lord!

I am leaving for Georgia this afternoon to visit my son and his beautiful bride! I'll be writing from Ft. Benning tomorrow!!!

No comments: