Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 Thessalonians 1:7b-10

"...when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His might, when He comes on that day to be glorified in his saints and to be marveled at among all those who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed."

I read this scripture today and was overcome with the incredible kindness and mercy of God. If God had not loved me first, I would not have loved Him. If God had not given me faith to repent and believe the gospel, all I would have to look forward to would be the punishment of eternal destruction away from the presence of Lord Jesus!!! I do not even want to imagine the horror of that !!! To be away from the presence of JESUS??? For the believer this will never be so because of the love, kindness and mercy of our God. As believers we look forward to forever being in the presence of Jesus and we will MARVEL at him! THAT day will be beautiful for the believer and pure terror for the unbeliever.

Thank you Lord God for your kindness and mercy towards me. I deserve to be among those who will face eternal destruction away from the presence of Jesus, BUT, you have saved me! Lord, help me to walk in a manner worthy of this calling. Help me to do good works in response to this great salvation. You are my only hope! Apart from you I would go my own way and end up facing your just wrath. Thank you Jesus for dying for my sins. Thank you Jesus for bearing the wrath of God for my sins. Your mercy overwhelms me. I love you, Jesus.

No comments: