Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I read a post on the Thinklings blog this morning :
http://thinklings.org/posts/jesus-asked-do-you-love-me-more-than-these

After reading that and watching the music video my heart and mind wandered to the books of Romans and Lamentations this morning…
I couldn’t decide which scripture to share with you so I shall share both! You get a “two-fer” this morning… Two “fer” the price of one!

I heard a song this morning that drew me to God in repentance… I’d like to share the lyrics with you and what I wrote in my journal…

Enough by Chris Tomlin

All of You is more than enough for ALL of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough.

Dear Lord,

I confess to you that although I sing these words it isn’t always true. When I choose to sin it proves that I do not see You as enough for me! I show that sin brings me more pleasure than You do. It shows that I treasure what I want and what I want to do as more important than You. I show that in that moment I feel that You are not more than enough for me. I seek to satisfy my thirst and needs elsewhere, instead of You.

Oh Lord, I am so sorry. It is good that You understand my weakness more than I do. You ARE all I need! Help me to live this way! You ARE enough! Help me to live this way! I thank you that the blood of Jesus covers this sin, covers ALL my sins. Thank you that in Christ there is no condemnation for the believer(Romans 8:1), even though condemnation is exactly what I deserve! Oh Lord Your mercies are new EVERY morning! Your steadfast love NEVER ceases! Great is YOUR faithfulness! (Lamentations 3:22-23) It is a good thing, Lord, that it is not MY faith that saves. It is a good thing that it is not MY works that save! It IS a good thing that it is not MY adherence to the law that saves! IT IS A GOOD THING THAT JESUS SAVES! Thank you for saving me! Thank you for showing me my sin. You so love me. Change me Lord. Make me more like you. I want you to ALWAYS be more than enough for me and may my life reflect this. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments: