Sunday, November 02, 2008

Psalm 55:5-8
“Fear and trembling come upon me, and horror overwhelms me. And I say, “Oh that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; yes, I would wander far away; I would hurry to find a shelter from the raging wind and tempest.”

I love reading the psalms. David is as real as you and I. His life is laid out before us in the Scriptures. We read about his sins and his struggles and his fears as well as his victories. Psalm 55 expresses David’s anguish and fear! He uses some very powerful words such as “horror” and “overwhelms”… these words describe a man who is in trouble and all he wants to do is escape!

One thing David knew was that his refuge was in God. David expressed his fears and his woes and usually came around to declaring that God is the one in whom he finds refuge and safety.
I know I have felt this way at times and you may be feeling this way today!

I encourage you to turn to Jesus for HE alone is our safety and our refuge. Jesus is our way of escape! He is our way to God, Jesus is our way to escape the just wrath of God we deserve for our sins and Jesus is the one to whom we give our cares and burdens to for HE carries them for us.

I heard a song by Steve Green this morning, BE AT REST. It is so beautiful ! May these lyrics bring you back around to the cross today.

Be At Rest

Be at rest, be at rest once more
O my soul,
for the Lord has been good
Be at rest, be at rest once more
O my soul, o my soul

Be at rest once more
For the Lord has been good to you
For You, O Lord
Have delivered my soul from death
My eyes from tears
And You, O Lord
Have delivered my feet from stumbling

Words and Music by Jeremy Johnson© 2005 Van Ness Press, Inc. / ASCAP

No comments: