Thursday, October 09, 2008

2 Timothy 4:10
“For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica.”

This has become one of my more frequent prayers that I and my family, my children would NOT fall in love with this present world! I pray that we would fall more and more in love with GOD. I pray that we would seek Him, thirst for Him, pant for him as a deer pants for water. I pray that we would seek to live out the Gospel daily, remembering that Jesus died for our sins. I pray for a more disciplined time in God’s Word, in living a sacrificial life. I think it would be relatively easy to fall in love with this present world if I am not fully devoted to pursuing holiness and Christ-likeness.
Yes, this has become a fervent prayer.

I gleaned this from a new book edited by John Piper and Justin Taylor. This information comes from the 1st chapter written by Jerry Bridges. The new book is STAND. I encourage you to read it!

Oh Lord, help me not to fall in love with this present world.

No comments: