Sunday, July 06, 2008

Psalm 8:6-7
"Give ear O Lord, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace. In the day of trouble I call upon you, for you answer me."

Psalm 116:1-2
"I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because He inclined His ear to me therefore I will call on Him as long as I live."

I read these Scriptures and I am so encouraged! The psalmist is pleading with the Lord for grace and in the very next sentance he tells us why he calls upon the Lord in the day of trouble! BECAUSE GOD ANSWERS HIM! What great assurance! How often do we hear that the only the New Testament is grace! But this scripture says the exact opposite! The Bible is full of grace from Genesis to Revelation! Again, in Psalm 116 the psalmist has learned that when he calls upon the Lord for mercy, he receives it and therefore will call on hi for as long as he lives!
I love how I can never exhaust mercy and grace. As often as I ask for grace and mercy, I will receive grace and mercy!

Oh Lord, I love you! You have heard my pleas for grace and mercy! I WILL cal on your for as long as I live! You are worthy Oh Lord to receive all glory, honor and praise! You are so generous. Thank you for your grace and mercy!

No comments: